Some people believe that to become a Christian you must believe or do one or more of the following:
* Being a Christian means being devoted to Jesus and trying to follow his teachings.
* Confessing your sins and asking for forgiveness from God.
* Believing in God.
* Taking communion.
* Believing the Creeds of the Church.
* Belonging to a Church and being a regular attendee.
* Being Baptized.
* Doing good works to help the less fortunate by giving of your time and money.
* Believing the Bible. - Yes, it is possible to believe many things in the Bible and still not be a Christian. After all, some Jews and Muslims believe many things that are in the Bible, and hold onto their beliefs even more devoutly than most Christians.
* Living a morally upstanding life.
* Believing in Jesus.
* Being filled with the Spirit.
None of the above makes one a Christian.
There is only One way to become a Christian, by answering Jesusí question correctly.
Who do you say that I am?
ONLY if you answer
Jesus Christ is Lord & God
are you a Christian.
All other doctrines are secondary and are learned as one matures in the Faith. Their acceptance or rejection does not determine oneís eternal destiny.
There are many levels of maturity in Christians, just as there are many levels of maturity in other aspects. The one crucial factor is that one must Believe and Know who Jesus Christ is.
The faith that is needed to acquire this knowledge
is Godís gift.
The knowledge that is acquired is Godís gift.
This knowledge is the Definition of Everlasting Life.
^^^ RETURN TO TOP ^^^